Bombayana Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bombayana Forum

The best place to talk about Mumbai

5 posters

The best place in Mumbay

bartoszsin
    bartoszsin

The best place in Mumbay Empty The best place in Mumbay

Post  bartoszsin Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 am

Hi guys I am new in the city. Can you give me some advice what I need to visit first Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

The best place in Mumbay Empty Re: The best place in Mumbay

Post  Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 am

Hi you should go and see Elephanta Island. It is great place for one day trip Smile
    Manisha
    Manisha

Post  Manisha Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:22 am

Hi,

Following are places which you can visit on your first day in mumbai.

Gateway of India
    Taj Mahal Palace & Tower
    Prince of Wales Museum
    University of Mumbai
    CST
    Crawford Market
    Marine Drive

Above all places are very nearby and it can easily cover in one day. For more detail click on http://www.bombayana.com/First-Day-in-Mumbai

bye
    solkar

Post  solkar Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 am

Hi,

Visit to city of Mumbai i.e. Gateway of India. This is a beautiful place in Mumbai.
    wheelsonmyfeet
    wheelsonmyfeet

The best place in Mumbay Empty Matunga, the South Indian part of Mumbai

Post  wheelsonmyfeet Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am

Check out Matunga, the South Indian part of town. There you will see a beautiful vegetable market in a riot of colors, saree shops, incense and sweet shops all clustered in a few square block space that feels like a little town.

Matunga is where you can buy delicious Indian coffee and the special decoction devices for making that coffee at home. There is also a flower market with some of the best flower garlands I have seen in Mumbai. There are south Indian style temples there and plenty of idlis and dosas on the streets and in restaurants. If you like traditional Indian woven towels, I recommend the first shop on the right side of the leftmost lane of the market. These towels are great for traveling and are easy to maintain in this humid climate because they dry quickly.

To get to Matunga, take the train from CST Station and get off at MATUNGA station and head eastwards. Takes about 25 minutes to get there. This is a quieter part of Mumbai with a little town feeling so go there and enjoy a different part of the city.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 am